Has your furry friend started coughing? Honking, hacking or raspy coughs can be alarming, particularly when they start suddenly. Although temporary throat or respiratory irritations may be to blam ...View Article
~~Does your pet dog suffer from heartworms?
This is a common disease among canines in the United States. Discovered in 1856, the heartworms mainly live in your dog's heart and major blood vessels.
The worms, especially on worst cases, seriously impair the heart's operations. Worse, they could also clog your dog's blood vessels. These infections result in loss of body weight, chronic cough, dropsy, shortness of breath, chronic heart failure, vision disturbances, and ultimately, death.
Since the symptoms of this disease vary among dogs, it would be best that a veterinarian check your dog to evaluate a final analysis. Early treatment is vital.
Most dogs show visible symptoms only when the disease has reached the point where it would be almost improbable to be cured by treatment. To help you see early symptoms and to hopefully save your dog, look out for these signs:
- Dogs that have been quite active usually tend to be tired easily.
- Dogs that would have been otherwise healthy usually gasp for breath.
- Coughing of your dog has suddenly become a common occurrence.
- Dogs bred for hunting could no longer keep up with rapid chases and usually fall from exhaustion.
- In some rare instances, the dog experiences convulsions, jaundice, and problems in the vision.
- Before it dies, the dog experiences emaciation. often precedes death.
GET YOUR DOG TESTED TODAY AND KEEP ON PREVENTION TO AVOID THIS DEADILY DISEASE